Thursday, January 5, 2012

Respect

I recently got called back into Young Women. It's bittersweet. I have spent the last month trying to figure out how I fit into this group of women. I feel like an outsider. (I'm not sure what's worse, this or sitting in Relief Society being lost in the masses).

Last night was the first "regular" activity I've attended. I was at a loss for words. The girls were so disrespectful. I couldn't believe that they would act like this. On top of that this was my daughters first experience with weekly activities (because she just turned 12) and had brought a non member friend. Oh my...I couldn't wait to get out of there. On top of that, what the leader chose to focus on was too mature for the age group there. Now I struggle even more. I don't want to step on people's toes, but I won't go through another night like that.

No comments: